Finally, some blue sky and sun!!!
Frittata & Quick Breads-
With an abundance of eggs I planned ahead for this weekend: Garden Frittata for dinner & hard boiled for Pickled Eggs Recipe. I love those eggs! I made Banana bread (with free bananas from work). While it has no eggs, I also made another batch of beer bread with dinner. This time I used extra sharp cheddar cheese, bought from the outlet last summer and froze (thawed great!). I LOVE quick breads- 1 hour or so and all done. We gave the girls some TLC today, since the weather broke for a while, and added new pine shavings to the coop. They loved it! Nice and fresh. Deep cleaning will come in March or so. I love the deep litter method- no smell and healthy chickens!
Beer bread with dill, thyme and extra sharp white cheddar
Banana bread with walnuts and applesauce
Dark Days Meal-
Ironically today the inversion finally started dissipating, and the sun came out! I felt like cave man emerging after a long, dark winter! Blue sky, what the heck is that???
Frittata going into the oven
All done!
My Days Days Meal tonite was-
*homemade beer bread, some of my own fresh herbs in it
*frittata made with- my own eggs & local squash I dehydrated from a friend. I rehydrated them in some chicken broth. I also used home-frozen orange bells peppers from the store last summer, instead of tomatoes. Not local, but I froze em! I was going to add some cubed Idaho taters but decided to skip the carbs.
*The banana bread had some of my own homemade applesauce in it to supplement the not-quite-enough bananas.
My $4.00 amaryllis from the grocery outlet really paid off with 3 huge blooms,
and more to come, on another stalk!

0 Yorumlar