Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Monthly Edit

July Monthly Edit

LOVING
Headbands are back in a big way this season and I, for one, am loving them – these aren’t the cheap plastic styles with built-in teeth like we wore in the 90’s.  The modern interpretation of this trend includes chic knotted styles in varying fabrics & textures – and the best part is that you can wear one regardless of your hair length (curly or straight!).  This is such an affordable way to instantly update your look for summer + they’re a practical way to manage your hair on those hot & humid days.  Try a designer-inspired pattern, a pearl-embellished style, a textured option in raffia & wicker or a classic summer print like gingham or florals.

USING
I’ve tested tons of makeup primers through the years and always keep coming back to the Smashbox Photo Finish.  That is, until I was sent a sample of this It Cosmetics Primer – I reluctantly gave it a try and immediately thought I hated it because the consistency was so different than what I normally use.  But then, when I saw how my makeup wore throughout the day, I was stunned & realized it was far better than my old stand-by.  If you live in a hot, humid climate, you will love this product!

READING
I was never someone who envisioned myself going back to work full-time after I had my kids – all I ever wanted to be was a wife & mother, so having a career simply wasn’t on my list of life goals.  Even though starting my blog was a choice I made, turning into a business came out of necessity when my husband lost his job.  I struggled a lot with the transition from being focused solely on my kids to balancing a job while keeping up with the duties of motherhood.  This article talks about why the descriptors of “working mom” and “stay at home mom” are problematic – and, having experienced both sides, I think it’s articulated very well.  We have a long way to go in this area of recognizing the tremendous work of those who are caretakers & also those who work because they have to provide for their families.  But, I think eliminating these titles is a great first step.

WEARING
Now that we’re heading into the hotter part of the season, I find myself pretty much only wearing sleeveless tops & lightweight dresses.  When we’re going out for a more casual affair, I like to have a few cute tops with interesting details that I can pair with skirts, shorts or cut offs for an instantly pulled-together look.  This lace-up top has the most flattering silhouette & is made of a lightweight linen/cotton blend that’s ideal for summertime.  It also comes in ivory, which is equally as chic!  Other sleeveless tops worth checking out: this printed camisole, this tie-front tank, this ruffle-neck top, this floral peplum blouse, this ruffled wrap top & this snake print blouse.

MAKING
I’ve gotten so hooked on Indian food during my trip that I know I’m going to be missing it once my travels come to an end.  So, I’m already searching for recipes I can make at home that will fit within my dietary restrictions.  First up is this Paleo Garlic Naan (only 6 ingredients & super easy!), this Butter Chicken (Whole30-approved!) & these vegetable samosas (a bit more work, but so delish!).

CRAVING
I love collecting those special pieces that have a one-of-a-kind feel – you know, the ones that everyone compliments you on & asks where you found them.  I have a couple of vintage items like this from thrift/antique stores (a great place to look), but I’m always on the hunt for more.  This straw bucket bag is so intricately made that it looks like it came from a local artisan shop & I appreciate that it comes with a neutral drawstring liner so your contents aren’t on display.  It’s a bit out of my price range, so I’m patiently waiting for a sale to scoop it up.  There’s also a similar design in a larger size here.  More standout pieces I’m loving: this crocheted top (love this one too), this chunky ring set, this hand embellished bag (another option here), this embroidered blouse (dress version here) & these raffia sandals.

The post My Monthly Edit appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar